‘Ojas Energy Drink’ – An Ayurvedic Revitalizing Formula
‘Ojas energy drink’ is a delicious Ayurvedic revitalizing drink to increase the ‘Ojas’, the vital nectar of the body.
What is Ojas?
Ojas, the vital nectar or the essence of Saptha Dhatu (Seven body tissues), is the seat of strength, immunity and vitality. It is the byproduct of strong and proper digestion and metabolism – Agni, the digestive fire. When your core fire, Agni, functions well the body tissues become well nourished and form properly and produce the subtle essence called Ojas. When your body glows with ojas, your whole being is healthy, strong and blissful. Any loss, destruction or decrease in the formation of ojas can lead to illness or even death.
Why this energy drink is named Ojas!
Ojas energy drink is made with dates, almonds, milk, ghee, and spices. All the ingredients have nourishing and rejuvenating property which helps to build up the ojas – strength, stamina and vitality, hence got the name ‘Ojas’. So it is the best drink particularly for Vata constitution. Click here to understand more about dosha.
Ingredients: (for 1 person)
- 5 raw soaked almonds OR almond powder 1 tablespoon
- 5 cashew nuts
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cow milk or almond milk
- 2-3 dates (without seeds), preferably Medjool dates
- 1 tsp organic ghee.
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom.
- 1/8 tsp of dry ginger.
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
Method of preparation:
Put the soaked almonds in boiling water for 15 minutes to remove the skin easily.
Boil the almond or almond powder, cashews and dates in water (1/2 cup), then add milk and ghee. Reduce the fire by boiling the mixture. Then add cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Boil for another minute. Now turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down for 3 to 5 minutes. Then put this into a blender and blend for 2 minutes. Make sure that the mixture is fine and blended well. Pour into a cup and put a pinch of saffron (optional) and drink warm.
- Soak the almonds in water at least 2 or 3 hours to make them soft and easy to digest.
- Boil the almonds in water to make the skin easier to peel.
- Choose the number of dates for the sweet you prefer.
- People who are allergic to milk, can opt for any alternate milk (almond milk is a good option).
- If you are Kapha constitution, prepare the drink without any milk and replace with same amount of water. Milk and dairy can increase kapha dosha. Click here to understand more about dosha.
- Allow the liquid to cool down for at 3-5 minutes before pouring it in the blender to avoid danger and for the safety of the blender.